Few people think about the dangers that await us in the kitchen in the most seemingly harmless things. Let's look at the errors that are most common and can harm our health.
1. General brush for dishes and vegetables
Many people forget that for root crops, on which there are remnants of the earth, you can not use the same brush as for washing dishes. The reason is that the microparticles of the soil are necessarily stuck in the villi, and they contain many pathogens. If, for example, you wash the potatoes, rinse the brush and then wash the dishes with it, then the pathogens of infectious diseases appear first on the cups, plates and cutlery, and then get into the human body. Get a separate brush for root crops and explain to all family members which of the brushes you can wash.
2. Open storage of dishes near the sink
In the photographs of fashionable interiors often show open shelves, hangers and holders for clean dishes, located near the sink. It seems that this is a great idea - to immediately distribute the washed dishes in places: cutlery in hanging pots on the wall, plates in an open dryer near the sink, cups and glasses in a hanging holder nearby. However, in terms of hygiene is wrong.
The fact is that the sink is the dirtiest place in the kitchen: they wash fruits and vegetables, fresh meat and raw fish. Sprays, dirt and microbes can get on the open dish. Only behind closed doors of tables and wall cabinets will it be guaranteed protected from infection. If you prefer open storage of dishes, then place the shelves and hangers as far as possible from the sink.
3. Improper storage of knives
It often happens that they stand in the kitchen in a special bucket or stand along with cutlery. It is very convenient: everything is at hand, it is always easy to get the desired item. Just do not forget to put the knives up with the handle so that the sharp part is inside the stand - this rule is dictated by elementary safety precautions: sharp blades sticking upwards do not belong in the kitchen.
4. Old chopping boards
Over time, a large number of scratches appear on plastic and wooden surfaces, in which dirt and microbes accumulate. Such boards are badly washed and even change color due to ingrained dirt. Using them is harmful because they become a permanent source of infection. Therefore, without regret, get rid of old cutting boards - health is more expensive! Tempered glass boards are very hygienic: they are excellent in cleaning and scratch resistant.
5. Raw meat, fish and eggs
This category of products represents the greatest danger to humans: all types of raw meat, eggs and fish until they undergo prolonged heat treatment, ensuring complete neutralization of parasites and infectious agents. In order not to risk the health of your family, follow these guidelines:
- Highlight separate dishes for hazardous products.: a large chopping board, a convenient knife, a bowl, a plate, a spoon, a brush for applying spices - all that you use when cutting and processing raw meat, fish and poultry. Keep these items separate from the main cookware and do not use them for ordinary products. Wash the table top on which raw meat and fish were cleaned with a disinfectant.
- While cooking raw meat, poultry and fish dishes Do not forget to change the spoon, spatula or knife that you stir and turn over the food: By preventing raw meat at the beginning of cooking, you cannot use the same spoon to lay out the finished dish on plates. Because, unlike meat, the spoon was not subjected to long-term heat treatment, and the causative agents of dangerous infections, which fell on it from raw meat, remained in a viable state. By preventing such a spoon with a prepared dish, you will infect it with an infection.
- Do not eat dishes containing raw eggs, fish and meat. For example, cake cream can be prepared not only from raw proteins, but also from other products - there are a huge number of recipes for every taste. The opinion that it is impossible to catch salmonellosis from raw quail eggs, unfortunately, is not true. You should not order rolls with raw fish - there are options with other equally tasty ingredients. Salted herring is better to hold for several weeks in the freezer before use. Well, it is quite possible to live without carpaccio and veal with blood - humanity has invented many tasty and varied meat dishes.
Do not forget these simple recommendations and be healthy!