For furniture should be regularly and competently care. In order to prevent stubborn dirt, the upholstery should be vacuumed once a week, periodically knocked out with a damp sheet, and washable removable covers in a typewriter. If there are spots on the upholstery, they should be removed, taking into account the type of pollution, as well as the material with which your furniture is covered.
How to knock out the sofa yourself?
In order to rid the sofa of dust, it must be knocked out. For work you will need:
- A clean sheet, which is no longer used for its intended purpose.
- 2 liters of water.
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar.
- 4 tablespoons of salt.
Prepare a solution of water, vinegar and salt. Dip the sheet in it, carefully squeeze and cover the upholstered furniture with it. Using the embosser, start beating out the dust. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the upholstery. After this treatment, the sheet should be rinsed, pressed and again carry out the procedure of knocking out. This should be done until the sheet no longer absorbs dust. Such cleaning will relieve upholstered furniture not only from dust, but also from unpleasant odors.
Regardless of the fact that the sofa or armchair is soiled, there are general rules for removing stains that can be used to achieve a good result.
- Remove stains as soon as they appear. This rule applies to almost all pollution (there are some exceptions, which will be discussed below). If you get down to business without waiting for the stain to dry, the probability that there will be no trace of it is much higher.
- If you use some kind of detergent for the first time, first check how it behaves on the upholstery. To do this, choose the most invisible piece of furniture. If the color remains the same, you can start cleaning the stain itself.
- Treat the contaminated area with detergent, acting from the periphery to the center. This will prevent even more sprawling.
- You need to rub the fabric in the direction of the fibers.
If the stain has already managed to dry, then for its removal it is better to use an industrial stain remover suitable for your upholstery. Alternatively, you can call a cleaning service. Masters with the help of professional tools will be able to clean the furniture.
If the stain is not removed by anything, there is an option to disguise it. This method is suitable for those who are not afraid to experiment. Try to paint upholstery to the color of the stain, using the same drink that spilled on the furniture - strong tea or coffee. The order of action is as follows:
- Prepare a few liters of the drink and strain it through cheesecloth. For a more lasting stain on 1 liter of liquid, add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Pre-treat this liquid with an inconspicuous piece of furniture, for example, from the side that is facing the wall. If the result suits you completely, you can proceed to painting the entire surface.
- Using a sponge, evenly distribute the "paint" throughout the upholstery. You can even apply a coloring fluid through a stencil to create a pattern. Keep in mind that in places where the upholstery is thickened (the seam area), the color may be darker. If you do not want to get a similar effect, they should not be applied too much tea leaves.
- Wait until the furniture is completely dry.
When a stain of fat is found, it should immediately be covered with salt for several hours (it will act as a sorbent). Then you can vacuum the sofa and treat the stain with an industrial stain remover (for example, "Vanish").
If the upholstery of your upholstered furniture is made of fleecy fabric, a greasy stain can be removed with the help of sawdust dipped in cleaned gasoline. Spread them on the problem area, and after two hours, brush them off with a brush.
Quite a risky way to deal with the fat on the upholstery of furniture with a hot iron and paper laid out on the spot. Through such a gasket polluted area you just need to iron. This method may help, but if you heat the iron too much, the fat may become even more entrenched in the fibers.
With such contaminations, you can handle the popular method. To do this, mix ammonia and vinegar (in proportions 1: 1), moisten the stain with the resulting solution and leave to dry. Once the upholstery is dried, rinse the area to be treated with clean water and then dry it with a hairdryer. If you have an industrial stain remover that can cope with organic pollution, you can use it.
Labels of animals is best to remove special drugs that are sold in pet stores. They are made on the basis of enzymes and best of all cope with such pollution. These funds are powdered, liquid or aerosols. Zoovorsin, OdorGone or Pet Stain & Odor are suitable for cleaning upholstery. They cope with traces of domestic animal excrement, eliminate the unpleasant smell and, in addition, destroy various microbes. These tools can be used to effectively clean the cat trays.
Creative activities with children often end in stains on various surfaces. It’s not so difficult to cope with a blot on the table, but in order to clean it from the sofa or chair, you will have to try hard. The most important thing with this cleaning is to take into account the type of paint that fell on the upholstery.
To remove the trace from the upholstery oil paint, you need to use a special solvent designed to clean the fabric. If you don’t have one, take the butter instead, treat it with a stain, and then fix it with soap.
Fresh spot from watercolors clean is not too difficult. It is a water-soluble paint, it is easily washed with ordinary soap. But it’s almost impossible to cope with a dried spot. So do not delay with cleaning if you want to return a neat look to your sofa.
When cleansing stains from gouaches, in any case, do not use hot water. This paint is made on a glue base and will be further consolidated from such treatment in the fibers of the fabric. The laundry soap will cope with a fresh stain. If the paint is already dry, you must first scrape off the top layer and then treat the remaining trace with soapy water using a stiff brush. If this method does not help, try cleaning the upholstery using acetone or medical alcohol.
These are the types of pollution that should not be removed immediately. Wait for the stains to dry, and then clean them with a brush. Wash remaining residue with soapy water.
To remove such stains you need to prepare an alcohol solution - in half a glass of water, mix 2 tablespoons of alcohol. Dampen a sponge in this product and clean the upholstery.
Blood is not easy to clean. It should be borne in mind that when treating such stains you cannot use hot water. To remove this kind of pollution several methods are suitable:
- Use an industrial stain remover that suits your upholstery and can cope with blood stains.
- If the stain is completely fresh, cover it with soap. Take a sponge, dip it in cold water and moisten the stain. Then rub it with a piece of soap or shampoo. After a few minutes, rinse off the residue with clean water and a sponge.
White leather furniture should be very carefully maintained so that it does not lose its attractive appearance.
- For such furniture is perfect cow milk. It is able to return the leather surface to white. Just soak a cloth in the milk and wipe the entire surface of the furniture.
- Ammonia will help remove a variety of pollution from white skin. Along with alcohol, in the fight against stains you can use and not concentrated vinegar. Most importantly, do not forget to moisten leather surfaces after such treatment. You can use glycerin or vegetable oil (sunflower, castor or linseed) for this. This is necessary so that no cracks appear on the skin.
- In the hardware stores you can find various products specifically designed for the care of leather furniture ("Dual Power", "Motul M3 Perfect Leather", "Doctor Wax" and others). You can also purchase special wipes (for example, Leather Wipes or Starwax). With their regular use, your furniture will look like new. Such funds are not very cheap, but they are very effective.
When removing various stains from upholstered furniture, be sure to consider the type of upholstery.
Flock - This is a very durable material on cotton base with nylon pile. He is able to repel dirt. When wet cleaning with chemicals does not shed.
Velours can be cleaned wet. For such a material is best suited to a weak solution of vinegar (one teaspoon dissolved in a liter of water). The cloth is moistened in the tool and wipe the stain.
Suede -very delicate material. With such furniture should be treated very carefully, to avoid contact with water upholstery. For suede only dry cleaning is suitable. It is carried out using a special brush with rubber bristles. To remove complex contaminants, it is better to call a cleaning service.
Plush or velvet -not the easiest in terms of care materials. They require delicate handling. For their cleansing too hard brushes will not work. Furniture with a similar upholstery eliminate dust with a vacuum cleaner. Previously, the sofa should be covered with an old sheet and treated through it. After that, the sheet is cleaned and lightly wipe the upholstery with a damp cloth. If there is a greasy stain on the surface of plush or velvet, it can be removed with gasoline.
Microfiber perfectly washed off virtually any contamination with a sponge and soap. But keep in mind that this material is not too durable. It can not be subjected to strong friction. When cleaning do not use hard brushes.
Tapestry -very strong, dense material, quite wearproof. But it is better to clean it in a dry way, as the tapestry does not like water too much, it can sit down from excessive moisture. The best way to clean it is to knock it out through a wet sheet. If this method does not help get rid of point contamination, you can remove them using "Vanish" for carpets. Beat the agent in a cool foam and brush on the upholstery. This should be done carefully so as not to wet the fabric too much. Wait until the foam dries, and clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
Try to prevent stains on your upholstered furniture, clean it with a vacuum cleaner and knocking it out. Regularly eliminating dust from it, you not only keep upholstery in good condition, but also take care of your health.SharePinTweetSendSendSend